Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My AIM Categories (How I Amuse Myself by Rank Ordering the People in my Life) (12/15/05)

So I’m supposed to be working on my last paper of the semester. It’s due in a little over 4 hours. Instead I thought it would be entertaining to post on my blog about the categories I have set up for my AIM. It’s set up in mob terminology.

Capo di tutti capi: That’s me. The boss of bosses. The boss of the strongest of the five families in New York. Presides over the Commission meetings.

La Familia: Self explanatory. My sisters and one sister’s bf.

Made: Sworn into La Cosa Nostra. The closest buds. My crew.

Associates: almost-theres. They work with and for wiseguys but haven’t been sworn into The Family yet.

Cugines from the Joint: Cugines are young tough guys looking to be made. Another synonym for the joint is going away to college. Therefore, this is where my school friends are listed.

Earners: People whose expertise is making money for the family. This is where I put my work friends.

Empty Suits: Someone with nothing to offer who tries to hang around with mobsters. This is where I put people whose screen names I have but I don’t care about them at all.

Broken and Chased:
Broken is demoted in the ranks; knocked down. Chased is to be banished from the Mafia and barred from doing business with or associating with any made members. The punishment is merciful in that the person is spared death. (This is where I put people that have pissed me off. Broken people may move back up in the ranks again but chased are out for good.)

No comments: