Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Fricking Bill Gates. A Post Summary.

Fricking Firefox! I had a nearly complete post and it encountered a fricking fatal error and had to fricking close and wanted to know if I wanted to send a fricking report to Microsoft and I said NO! Fuck Bill Fricking Gates! I am so going out to buy a Mac tomorrow morning.

No, not just because of the Firefox thing (which may or may not be Bill Gates's fault [and yes Gates's is the correct possessive of Gates, so long as you are referring to a single Gates as the possessor] but I don't care. I'm blaming it on him anyway because he is an evil software-stealing monopolist!). I am impulsive but not that impulsive.

Did you like the use of the double parentheses there? Nice, huh?

Well anyway, I'll shorthand my original post:

I'm Blanche from The Golden Girls and that may or may not be a backhanded compliment.

For those of you that don't know, my mom has cancer. She has a new "spot" which is oncologist jargon for "we don't know what the hell it is but it might or might not be cancerous so let's cover ourselves by calling it a spot."

My sisters and father suck and don't help out with anything and when I stopped doing stuff so they'd have to help they . . . just didn't. So now no one is and that means I will have to start again.

My brother and his wife are total fricking assholes that treat my mother like complete shit despite the fact that she is terminally ill because they are complete burnouts who live with my grandmother for $100 per month which they only sometimes pay.

My mom and I share a weird custody of my niece (their daughter) that is at their permission because the child welfare system sucks and they would run away with her before we could complete a court appeal for custody. So we have an uneasy truce with these people who I would rather just cut out of my (and the rest of my family's and anyone I know's) life.

The end.

P.S. If I had a "Tina is currently feeling" mood indicator like Dan does, it would say pissed off. (In case you couldn't tell.)

8 comments:

Tina said...

(Comment emailed to me from my good buddy Anon)

Don't worry tina, it will look up, ur mom got better once with your help she can do it again.

N its not ur fault ur brothers a bum.

At least you can say you are leading your life well :-)

Tina said...

I turned back off the word verification especially for Anon because he is so sweet to me.

Valerie - Still Riding Forward said...

You will gain a strength and understanding from helping your mother that not one of the others in your family will have.

Love her while you can, help as much as you can and don't worry about the others - this is the time to show your love for her, not time to punish her with no help because of your anger at them.

I know it's hard but you can do it.

Anonymous said...

I think it's time for Anon to come out of the freakin' closet!

Sending you a hug, Tina.

Cancer's a vicious fucking bastard and it's kicked my family around quite a bit.

Love her, help her and no regrets, babe. At least she's not going through this alone...she's got you at her side.

Stay strong!

Anonymous said...

Whats wrong wi staying in my closet Jenna?

Its warm in here

Anonymous said...

Then again...I don't really want to know what you're doing in the closet. Uh-uh.

And I know have that song from South Park, the Scientology episode in my head... "Now I'm in the closet". Sigh. Crap.

dan said...

You know you can't right click on a Mac, right? I'd miss right clicking.

As for mood indicators... www.imood.com if you really won't one.

Tina said...

Val-thanks for the encouraging words. I know you are right.

Jenna-it is! It's a bastard! Fucker! I would kick its ass if I ever met it in a dark alley!

Anon keeps asking me to come into the closet with him. I wonder what he wants to do to me in there?

Dan-yeah the no right click is a bitch. you can press ctrl & click for it but it's just not the same. You can get a 2 button mouse for a mac though-so I think I'll end up doing that.