Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Feeding the Beast

I'm quite aware that if I stop feeding the beast that is my blog world, the beast won't feed me back, and I've been neglectful. Let's face it; I've been starving the beast this week. Reminds me of the hermit crab I had as a pet when I was a teenager. It grabbed the skin on the palm of my hand with its pincer one day and wouldn't let go for like an hour. I tried to pry it off with a pen, etc, but it just would not let go. Finally it did on its own. And do you know what happened after that?

I forgot to feed it. I really honestly didn't do this on purpose but I forgot to feed it for the next week and it died. I don't want my blog to die so I promise to keep feeding it. It's just that a lot has been going on in my professional life this week, and I am behind not only here but in my schoolwork and my graduate assistantship as well. What happened? I got a paid internship with the political campaign that I mentioned the other day!

I had casually mentioned it at the end of that meeting and two days later I get this email from the Deputy Campaign Manager saying, "The answer is YES, YES, YES!" Wow! It feels great to be wanted! And I didn't even have to be vetted in any way. My reputation precedes me! Then he found out this is Spring Break week for me, and now I'm full time for the week, planning the Big Announcement along with a few other things.

So I've been thrown into the middle of the fray and I've got LOTS to do before next week at work plus 2 midterms and some papers for school. The good news is today I got a volunteer that is on Spring Break as well this week, so he can be my bitch on this Announcement stuff. Yay!

So now that I have a bitch, I'll write more. I promise.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do him, you might as well

Tina said...

Yeah but he's jail bait. He's only like 17.

dan said...

Sweet! Another hermit.

Don't be too hard on yourself. If it's any consolation, it made catching up on you easier for me.. ;)

Anonymous said...

Jailbait is 16 right?

Dan: wtf?