Saturday, May 27, 2006

Catching up: Guy Got Fired, Tantric Sex, Oxygen Mask

Been working like 14 hour days all the time lately, but been enjoying it. Some catching up to do here though.

I got my coworker fired, which I have mixed feelings about. He was really a nice guy (when he wasn't yelling at me). He was really earnest in doing his job (when he wasn't yelling at our volunteers that he didn't have time for them). He really wanted to get our organization to succeed (when he wasn't undermining it by spouting off to the public about things counterproductive to our message). See technically I was his boss and I was brought into this part of the organization from the area I had been in with the express purpose of trying to reign him in and keep him on message and on track. I was his last chance to keep the job, you could say, but he didn't see it that way and every time I tried to correct him or move him away from making another mistake, he yelled at me. I mean, actually raised his voice to the point of yelling, not just spoke meanly. Wednesday when he did it in front of our subordinate was the last straw.

Last weekend I learned all about tantric sex. I had of course heard of it before but didn't know the details. I mean, did you know the guy doesn't come and he's fine with this? It also makes things go on for hours. Not trying to brag here, but I'm just saying-four. I mean, that is a hell of a workout. Next day, my whole body was sore in that good, you've-been-working-out-really-hard-at-the-gym way.

The doctor wants me to go back for another sleep study with this oxygen mask on my face and I refuse to call and schedule it. If that's successful, I'll have to wear the damn thing for the rest of my life. Pretty sexy, a girl in bed with a mask on, huh? Plus, I've heard insurance doesn't cover the whole cost and I don't have the cash to pay for that crap. AND I know my apnea is caused by my ginormous tonsils and if the doc would just remove them everything would be fine again. Seriously, my tonsils are practically touching when I'm NOT sick with a sore throat. I've gotta tell my doctor to just rip those fuckers out because I'm sick of: waking up 273 times a night due to apnea; choking on my food because it gets stuck on my tonsils; fearing that I will suffocate every time I get a throat infection; and one more thing that giant tonsils handicaps that I won't state here because I've already talked about sex enough in this post.

I'm taking it easy this weekend so I think I'll be posting a few more times. Off to the vineyards for some wine tasting now though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo Tina, was wondering where you were at?

Four?!? *blink blink blink* Four?!? (flashes four fingers and mouths: four?!?)

I'm trying to get my new coworker fired. She's dumb despite having training for five weeks (I got two days before they pushed me into the pit). Maybe it's because I miss the woman she replaced thanks to mat leave because she rocked! She spoiled us but I'm pretty tired of things being done wrong so that I sit at my desk, sigh heavily then unload a torrent of swearing as I try to unravel what she did. I don't tell her what she did wrong in the hopes she'll be turfed. Terrible? No, I look at it as my contribution to making my work environment better.

Yeah - get those tonsils removed.

Um...four?!?! FOUR?!?

Damn...just...damn.

dan said...

I'd be taking it easy after 4 hours too.