Monday, May 01, 2006

Unfinished Thoughts

There is so much I could be writing about right now. I have all kinds of thoughts swimming around in my head but I feel like they are all half formed. I'd like to take the time to finish them all but I really don't have the time tonight since I have to get up early in the morning to begin the all-day cram session for my last exam.

So I guess this is a cram session of sorts for my blog. I need to finish all these thoughts later on:
  1. Why do I so easily let friends slip out of my life? (Right now I'm thinking of Neil. Maybe he'll read this and realize I'm thinking of him again.)
  2. My parents have an unhappy marriage; lots of stuff to ruminate on there that I never have yet but it's been bugging me lately.
  3. I am confused about men. I guess that isn't a new thought and certainly not an original one.
  4. Why do people do immoral things? I don't mean in a religious, you-are-going-to-hell- for-living-with-your-boyfriend way but in a you-know-it's-wrong-and-could-hurt- someone way.
  5. And I'm not religious but consider myself spiritual and need to explore that a bit more. My life lacks meaning right now, but I don't believe God will bring that meaning. I need to figure out how to find meaning on my own.
To be continued . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...sounds like you have a lot going on in your life. Hope you do well on your exam.

Why do you so decidedly exclude God from showing you meaning in your life? He's good...and has no intentions to harm you. He only wants what is best for you.

dan said...

I'm confused about men too. And I am one.

Tina said...

Anon-thanks. I think I did ok on it. Why I exclude God isn't because I doubt his goodness. It's more complex than that and doesn't spur from any negative feelings toward God.

More details later.

Dan-I'm so glad to hear it.