Thursday, November 15, 2007

The Musician, Part II

The Musician...So when last we left off, I had decided--despite the lack of physical attraction--to give the Musician one more chance. Three weeks passed, with us talking online most days, and the talking online was going well, so I was optimistic for the second date. He was coming to my place for pizza and a movie.

He showed up with 2 bottles of wine and a bouquet. He was not wearing his hideous girl glasses, and he had cut his beard. Things were looking up. I thought back and recalled him asking me at one point if he ever cut it, how much he should cut off. Also, I must mention that over dessert on our first date, he started talking about his (six-inch long) goatee, which he said he had plans to grow even longer, so he would look like ZZ Top. Then he made a joke about how he could take it and comb it over his bald head. I believe the look of pure horror that came over my face at that moment was something I did not conceal well. So I must admit that I felt responsible (and not at all upset) when I saw his newly trimmed beard.

We had pizza and wine for dinner. It was a good time. We had fun conversation and I wasn't repulsed, and then we sat on the couch to watch a movie. That was good. Cuddling was good. We kissed a few times at the end of the night--chaste, lips-closed kisses--and made plans to see each other two days later for dinner and a movie out, since he was leaving for a few weeks on tour after that.

Stay tuned for the third date. In the meantime, let's just say all did not go so well as the second date. And for those of you interested in how urination ties into my dating life, that was two guys after the musician, but I promise to have you all caught up by Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Second date sounds so promising. Why do I think there's a huge with the Musician?

Happy thanksgiving!

dan said...

It is far past thanksgiving and we still don't know how all this turns out...

You better not be on holiday with some guy overseas right now...

:)

Tina said...

Yes, Dan, you are right. Far past Thanksgiving. Thanks for calling me out.