- Every President always says "The state of our union is strong!" Can't anyone be honest ever?
- Less than 2 minutes before a "September the Eleventh" reference.
- Every year Bush wears a blue tie and Cheney and Other Old Dude behind Bush wear red ones.
- I think Lieberman looks like a frog. Whitney thinks he looks like a turtle.
- Bush appears to have eaten his own upper lip.
- 3 Democrats applauded Bush's urge to reauthorize the Patriot Act. One was Lieberman. Lieberman is Bush's Bitch.
- Bush often looks when giving public addresses as if he might cry at any moment.
- "Freedom is on the march." I hate this phrase. Really? Where's it going? Because it sure seems to be leaving here. (See Patriot Act.)
- "Congress did not act last year on my proposal to fix Social Security." And ALL the Dems give a standing O! Too FUNNY! Bush was pissed.
- Oh crap! Refill martini or continue to rubberneck on the train wreck?
- Increase in Ethanol dependency-well hell I guess he's got to throw as many dogs a bone as possible.
- No Child Left Behind is a success?? Um, did he speak to anyone like teachers, school administrators, local school boards about this?
- That's right! You ALL better applaud Sandra Day O'Connor!
- Ok I've gotta get another martini!
- Comment from my niece after watching me watching: "This is like a comedy for you."
- Kinda short! Didn't even get to finish my second martini!
- The postgame commentary is fun to see. For like 5 minutes all the networks fumble a bit until they all figure out what the message will be, then they all spout the same opinions.
- I'm having a third martini.
Tuesday, January 31, 2006
Notes from the State of the Union
Notes from the State of the Union:
Posted by Tina at 9:32 PM