Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday. I've decided not to get a year older yet though. I'm just gonna do this age over again. It's been a good age for me and I'm not ready to let it go yet.

I got to quit a job I hated, go back to school, which I love, make lots of new and awesome friends. Had some really great sex. Some shout outs to my friends:

Whit-Well, we all know how much I love Whit. She's already got her own entry. She's just super. I would have missed out on a really big thing if I never made friends with her.

Nicole-She was there for me throughout my breakup with the ex. She even called him when I needed to get my stuff back so I wouldn't have to talk to him. She has been my truest friend this year, has been there when I was at my worst and has laughed with me when I was at my best.

Luci-Another friend who has been there for me the whole time. I don't get to see or talk to her nearly as often as I'd like but every time I do see her, we really connect. We come from different worlds but we are so much alike it's kind of scary. And she didn't even get pissed at me for getting horrifically drunk and making an ass of myself at her wedding.

Eli-He is always around for me, and lets me complain as much as I need to. He is the most nonjudgemental, comforting and sympathetic man I know. I think I could talk to him about anything I ever needed to. And he sent me a birthday card! How awesome is that?

Mike-Mike and I don't talk as much as we used to anymore but when we talk we have some very interesting conversations. He has a point of view that is unique, and he offers honest advice that sometimes I might not want to hear but he's usually right.

And now I'm thinking, geez. Why did I even start this list? Because there are so many more people that I've grown to be friends with that the list could go on and on: Jenn, Alissa, Rachel, Linda, Matt, Chris, Stacey, Jake, Kim, Anne, Kate, and I'm sure I'm still missing a couple. All I can say is I love you all and each of you helps make my life complete.

I am very happy to be celebrating this birthday with so many friends, and with two wonderful sisters who are so different from each other and both so very special, and with parents who, yes, annoy me but I still love them and wouldn't trade them for the world.

Yes, it's been a very good year. Happy birthday to me!

No comments: