Thursday, February 09, 2006

Presence

Couldn't face telling the last part of my tale tonight. It's been a rough couple of days without reliving that memory. So I thought I'd share a quick story about my niece. As I mentioned a few months ago, my mother and I share responsibility for my niece's education and health. She spends at least five nights a week in our care. Tonight was my turn to watch her.

I had to feed my sister's Chinchilla, and Vicky, my niece, said, "You better be careful. He's been getting out lately."

"He never tries to get out when I feed him," I replied.

"Well. I'm just saying, because he does for me and Nana."

"He won't try it with me," I replied. "He never does."

"Why not?"

"Because I have presence."

"What does that mean?" she asked.

"Well, let me ask you, when you do something wrong, who are you more afraid of? Me or Nana?"

She thought for a moment. "You. Why is that?"

"Presence," I replied.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting...

So you are tougher than ur sister, but u get pushed around easily by others - Because you let them.

i'm just rambling, it was a real heavy night las nyt n im not in a good state.

Tina said...

I don't think I get pushed around so much as with my family, I am considered the strongest one, the one that can handle everything.

With my friends (and the Big X), and this is only true of one or two friends, I let them take advantage of me sometimes, I suppose that is a true statement.

Why a heavy night last night?

Anonymous said...

I play for a pool club, and we were at a pretty rough pub in the centre of the city.

It finished at 10.30 and my 'friend' text me to come and meet her and 'another friend' out at a bar.

I was driving so was not drinking, they persuaded me to drive back to the second girls house pick up loads of booze, drive the the first girls house and get drunk with them. I started drinking at 12, finished at 3 and got 4hrs sleep. Then i had to go home and get ready for work at 9.

I made it - impressive huh!?

Tina said...

Very impressive, yes. I myself only got 3 hours' sleep but as I was not drunk and am about to go back to sleep, having performed all the morning duties required of me, you definitely have me beat.

See, now I'm getting to know a bit about you.