Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day

Ha. How fitting that my breaking up post ended up posting the day before Valentine's Day. Last Valentine's Day I spent working 14 hours, and the same amount the day before. Working in the chocolate industry for Valentine's Day really kind of removes all the romance for you. It really is purely a commercial enterprise.

Honestly, even when I am with someone, I'd rather just have him buy me flowers and stuff on some random day rather than the day everyone else is doing it. Plus I know that when I get flowers or chocolate on Valentine's Day the guy just spent half his day waiting in an incredibly long line full of other men (because most men are and always will be last minute shoppers) and when he got up to the register he got fleeced.

I don't know. To me, knowing the roses I just got cost at least five times what they would on any other day just sucks the romance right out of it. Plus, roses? Boys, everyone does roses. Do a nice arrangement with some tulips, tiger lilies, snap dragons, gerbera daisies, etc. Trust me. A much more beautiful, original sentiment.

But still, happy Valentine's Day, all you romantics.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sweet,

i dnt get roses, i get bouquets jst like you said!

If i had your address id send you a card....

(by the way that wasnt a hint for you to give me your address!)

Tina said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

So - -
Driving back from work on Valentine's Day, I drove past IKEA in New Haven and on the side road off to the edge of I-95 - - was a huge Roses For Sale sign - - with a LINE of 15 or more cars going down the road for drive thru "pick up a dozen" type service.

THAT says I love you.