Wednesday, January 09, 2008

I Re-enter the Working World

I am no longer gainfully unemployed. Sadly, I had to end my long, self-imposed vacation from the working world. Today is my third day back to work full-time, and don't get me wrong--I am grateful for the job, as I was soon to be kicked out onto the street for not paying rent if I didn't find income soon--but I do miss my days of couch-laying, book-reading, Netflix-watching laziness.

You know those people who retire and then say, "Gee, I'm so bored! I don't know what to do with myself!" That will not be me. I will always have a talent for filling my days with nothingness, given the opportunity. For instance, my blog entries had become more frequent of late. Sadly, now I have not had the energy these last few nights to write that other post I had wanted to about defining things with men.

I do like my job so far; my co-workers seem nice, and despite the fact that I have FOUR bosses, I am pretty independent in what I'm doing. Soon, I will have a bunch of temporary employees working for me as we head into our busy season so that will be nice, as I always enjoy bossing someone around at work. And this summer, I will have the ability to take lots of time off. I even think by the end of the week, I may be caught up enough at work to begin figuring out how to screw off sometimes. And tonight, I might just get relaxed enough to start posting good stuff here again, rather than this stream-of-consciousness blather I'm posting at 7:30 this morning because I woke up early and couldn't get back to sleep.

No comments: