Thursday, February 21, 2008

Further Proof of my Status as President of Procrastination

Ugh. I was just rereading that last post and it sounds almost gushy, like I'm way more into the MF than I really am at this point. All I meant to say was that for now he's what I want and I don't know if he's what I will want in the future, but that doesn't matter because I'm not thinking about the future right now, but that I do think that if we were to meet in the future, he would probably then be the type of guy I would want.

Every weekend he comes over for a day or two and I'm in this happy little cocoon with him where everything's great just the way it is, and it was from that haze of goodwill that I wrote the last post; and they are my feelings, but I absolutely didn't give the full story then. I was feeling positive so I only wrote positive, but the truth is much more complex. The truth is we are going to have to have that conversation I was talking about a couple of weeks ago, and soon. I've been putting it off for far too long because I was sick, then I was sick again, then I was working long hours and then I was mugged, and today is the MF's birthday and I'm not going to make him have that talk on his birthday.

So maybe this weekend...

2 comments:

Robot Dancers said...

serious relationship talks are hard to have. Good luck.

David Amulet said...

Hang in there. Such conversations are worth happening.

I was going to post this comment earlier, but I procrastinated.