Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Signs of Spring

So here's the post I was thinking of posting today . . .

Signs of Spring

  • Pussy Willows willowing (okay, I made that verb up, but you know what I mean; they get all fuzzy)
  • Forsythias blooming (which, by the way, are bushes that are members of the olive family with opposing leaves that bloom yellow before the first leaves of spring)
  • Peepers peeping (as I drive home at night with my windows down, I go past the swamp near my house and one night it's dead quiet; the next, the tree frogs are peeping their mating calls so loud it almost hurts my ears)
  • Bugs begin to litter my windshield (okay, this is not a pretty sign of Spring, but I didn't say they all would be; I just said they were signs)
  • The Crane has returned to the pond on campus (there are Geese and Mallard Ducks as well, but the lone Crane that lives there all Spring and Summer is much more fascinating to me)
  • I'm not pregnant! (Okay, this is not a sign of Spring, but I thought I should share)

No comments: