Saturday, April 22, 2006

I Play With My Magic Bullet

Whitney got the magic bullet! And it was a special where you get two for one! So guess who got the other one? Yup, me! Because Whitney loves me and knows how much I covet the bullet.

Last weekened I watched her pup while she was out of town and on Easter I brought her (the pup) to my house. She had too much human food and apparently refused to eat for days afterward. The dog was a good little doggie while she was at my house. My niece ran around with her a lot and tired her out pretty well. But when I brought her outside to get her in the car and bring her back to Whitney's, she ran away and the leash snapped and I had to chase her. I told my niece to go get my mom and sister for help (my dad and other sister had already left for the drive back to school).

My mom came out and helped me chase the damn dog for a few minutes before my sister ever managed to come out to help. I wanted to say to her (but refrained in the spirit of Easter), "Way to go. Let the fat girl and the cancer patient chase after the dog while you're inside on your fat ass."

Ok so I'm not that fat but I like to exaggerate as you may or may not be aware.

Anyway, so I got the dog back and brought her to Whitney's apartment. She in turn gave me my Magic Bullet and my new-to-me tv. Her boyfriend, whose family is rich, gave him a giant screen tv so everyone got bumped up in turn. She got his old one and I got her old one, which came just in time since my tv has green people on it now, but only if they are standing in certain places on the screen.

But the Magic Bullet is what excites me the most. Being a sometime insomniac, infomercials are an area of interest to me. I particularly like the Magic Bullet and the many things you can make in ten seconds or less with it. The infomercial had been updated the last time I watched it. It used to consist of about three young, hip couples (as hip as they can look on an infomercial anyhow) watching the perky blond and her Australian-accented husband make quesadillas, salsa, pesto, chocolate mousse, sorbet, frozen party drinks, etc., with the Magic Bullet!

The new infomercial adds my absolute favorite infomercial character, the middle-aged, chain-smoking (though no smoke emits from the ciggie hanging on her lips) lady in a bathrobe. Why did they feel the need to have the unlit cig in her lips, I wonder. I don't care though really. It adds to the amusement.

So now I own the bullet and have made: Several types of daiquiries; smoothies; Mexican rice (well I didn't bullet the rice but I did bullet the other ingredients). Mainly, if I'm being honest, I have been making the daiquiries. In fact, I must buy more rum now. And I have a new away message on AIM that refers to the Magic Bullet in a slightly dirty way.

I amuse me.

2 comments:

dan said...

Is it just me or does the Magic bullet seem a lot more tawdry than it really is?

Tina said...

And that, my friend, is the genius of the Bullet!