Friday, May 23, 2008

Mr. Morning Person Security Guard

When I walk into the building every morning, I am greeted by security. They always say good morning and most of them know me so they add some other comment as well. There is one guy, however, who I dread seeing when I get here because he is one of those Morning People. I have never once seen him anything less than absolutely beaming at the prospect of starting a new day, and no matter how grumpy I am, he just keeps smiling that bright shit-eating grin.

As much as I like my job, it is still work, and there is nothing pleasant to me about being forced out of my bed before 8 am every day to go somewhere you have to stay until 5 pm every day. Not to mention I am not a morning person and am a generally grumpy, sarcastic individual. So I send him psychic resentment mixed with disdain as I fake-smile back every morning he's there. Luckily they rotate their duties, so next week it should be someone else. Maybe even the tall bald guy who saw me drunk after the wine tasting we had here and, I am sure, is a kindred spirit in hating the Man in his many forms.

No comments: